Sunday, February 12, 2017

Post 8: Views about my Wikipedia article

So far, "The Pillowbook" has been my favorite piece of literature. The thing I like the most about it is how it feels like I am reading a diary. However, the Wikipedia article fails to emphasize any of that. All it states is an overview of it. It mentions the "Borgesian Lists" but gives as little as their titles for an explanation as to what it is. It also states it is "as valuable as a historical document" but gives little to no explanation as so why it is valuable.
It closes of by saying, "In general, this piece is written in brief statements, where the length of one paragraph is relatively short, and it is easy to read the contents, even for modern Japanese speakers."
So basically this article leaves a lot of room for me to work with and add to since the original author failed to add much detail to parts I saw meaningful and worthy of more detail. Even though this story is short and easy to read that does not mean her work should be looked over. Her work is worthy to be analyzed in detail and that is what I plan on doing by adding to this Wikipedia article!


Image result for The Shonagon's Pillow Book

No comments:

Post a Comment