Sunday, February 12, 2017

Post 7: LOVE

Love. Love is everywhere. It is in every city, every era, and every religion.
When I think about where love was first developed, I think about Shakespeare and his sonnets and plays on love. I also think back to the movie called "Letters to Juliet" which is a movie inspired by Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
Image result for Letters to Juliet Quotes

I believe that for some people to believe in love, they need to know that there is an origin to it. I think that is why people have no let go of love poems and sonnets written centuries ago. Of course there is the element of the fact that is his history and culture, but there is still the fact that love existed then, it still exists now. As for this movie, their love was compared to Romeo and Juliet's love. Romeo and Juliet were both young, dumb, and in love. Their love was genuine and pure. However, if you compare their idea of love to someone like the Wife of Bath, you're in for a rude awakening. For most of her husbands, their love was not pure nor genuine. It was lustful as is was greedy.
Since we have both works of literature that illustrate so called "love" we can easily say that the idea of love has been around or years and years and within many areas of the world. There is no specific answer as to why the idea of romantic love began in the aristocratic courts of early countries other than these stories were pleasing and entertaining and still are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment