Who created humans, the planets, plants, animals, oceans, etc.?
What took place before all things were created?
When were all things created?
Where were the ideas of creation derived from?
Why do humans feel the need to have stories that tell how we and the rest of the world were created?
Who, what, when, where, & why are the basic questions that drive our curiosity. For thousands of years humans have came up with different stories answering these questions. Whether or not they be factual, the stories provide a sense of "knowing" what may or may not have happened. Certain Indian tribes have their set of stories that give credit to gods, or animals, or other humans for creating the world. Other creation stories, such as Genesis, derive from a religious aspect.
The creation story in Genesis is what I grew up on and what I truly believe happened. However, like all creation stories, there is always a sense of doubt concerning the creation. According to Genesis, God created all things from light to humans to the oceans. But who created God? What was happening before God created everything? I'm sure Indians can ask the same thing about their creation stories and I'm sure they have an answer that they believe. But my answer to it is simply to just have faith in what I believe happened...if one asks oneself too many questions about beginning of time, you may drive yourself crazy.
Not all creation stories are religious affiliated, or based on traditions...some come from science. The Big Bang Theory is a scientific theory stating that the universe was created from a big boom. This creation story/theory is interesting in a sense that all of the answers to the questions who, what, when, where, how, and why are all simply just science. The Big Bang Theory is controversial since it has nothing to do with religion and the book of Genesis never mentioned anything about a "big bang" taking place. Some have even argued that the theory shouldn't be taught in school even if the theory has yet to even be proven to be a fact, people still get fidgety when it comes to the Big Bang
Basically, there is no right or wrong creation story. Maybe the universe was created by an Indian god, maybe it was created by the Lord God, or maybe it was created by a big bang. All the stories give an interesting impact on how we view the creation of the world. It is only up to a person individually as to where their curiosity takes them when is comes to the creation.
I agree with you Kaylee, each individual has their own beliefs in how the world was created or what creation story they believe in. Personally, I believe the was created with the hand's of God. He created every living and non-living thing on Earth. He is what I believe in and what I will continue to put my faith and trust in. I am sure there some people who doubts many things in life but, I believe that is normal and there is no right or wrong belief.
ReplyDelete